Issues with the installation

Help and bugs.

Issues with the installation

Postby gabrielireland » December 7th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Hello,

I am trying to install program-o version1, and when I am in the phase 2 I am getting the following error:

Error trying to create aiml table.
Please check:

The mysql user details are correct
The user has got the correct privilges
MySQL Says:Incorrect database name ''

I have updated both the config.php file but nothing it doesn't go ahead with the installation.

$dbh = "localhost";
$dbn = "bot";
$dbu = "root";
$dbp = "";

In phpmyadming i can see the database i created and those have the same name that i use then in the files.

Would you have any suggestion on what is causing the issue?

thanks a million for your help

Gabriele
gabrielireland
Casual Member

Re: Issues with the installation

Postby GeekCaveCreations » December 7th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi, Gabriele, and welcome! :)

This is an issue that has come up before several times in the past, with any number of possible causes. I read your email stating that you fixed the problem yourself, but it may prove useful to others if you would post what you found that worked for you. Otherwise, I could post a (rather lengthy) list of guesses on how others may fix similar issues. :)
Comforting the disturbed, and disturbing the comfortable
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961

Postby gabrielireland » December 8th, 2011, 3:31 pm

In my case i solved it easily replacing the Install_p...php file in the program-o folder.

Initially I moved it away from the program-o folder, because when opening it with my FTP, was causing the browser to open an empty chatbot. But i then realized that instead of moving files, i could have just use the following address: 127.0.0.1/folder***/programo_v1.0.4/Install_programo.php

Hope this can help

Bye!!!
gabrielireland
Casual Member

Postby maleeha » April 18th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Maleeha Siddiquiposted toProgram O
Sunday at 12:17pm ·

I am getting a problem when configuring Porgram-o .........fatal error...time exceeded..
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\pgmO\install_programo.php on line 612...........can anyone please help me out .....
maleeha
Casual Member

Postby GeekCaveCreations » April 30th, 2012, 8:10 am

Hello, Maleeha. I'm sorry it took so long to get your post approved. It never showed up until today in my list of posts to approve.

Tell me, were there any other error messages in the logs, or is that one the only entry? Also, I see that you're using a WAMP install on a Windows platform; could you provide me a few more details about the system you're installing to?
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations

Postby maleeha » April 30th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Thanks for accepting my post:)

No there are not other messages besides this, It stops its operation on this error and does not propagate further.

I have re-installed program-o,re-installed wamp...but I am facing same issues....

I am using Windows7(32 bit operating system) with 2.5Gb RAM,processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.0GHz.....
maleeha
Casual Member

Postby GeekCaveCreations » April 30th, 2012, 8:35 pm

The thing that gets me is that the file install_programo.php doesn't have a "line 612". There are only 316 lines in that file, so it sounds to me as if that particular file might be corrupted, or may have somehow been combined with another. Can you do me a favor and email that file to me at dmorton -at- geekcavecreations -dot- com so that I can see what's going on? :)
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations

Postby maleeha » May 17th, 2012, 6:23 pm

I have send you the file....please check it.....
may i ask you one question????......I have asked about this from many of my friends and one my friend says maybe its a problem with your less hard drive.........Is that seem to be possible in this scenario(error)????
maleeha
Casual Member

Postby GeekCaveCreations » May 18th, 2012, 1:21 pm

I got your file in my inbox, but a recent injury has prevented me from looking at it yet. I'll try to get to it today, and compare it to what I have. I'll post my findings as soon as I can. :)
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations

Postby GeekCaveCreations » May 18th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Ok, I see where I made my mistake. I was looking at the version 2.0 file, rather than the version 1.0 file. Silly me, because I knew that I was dealing with a problem with version 1. My bad.

In line 612, the script is trying to perform a database query, so I'm wondering what version of mySQL you're using, and if it's on the same computer as the web server. It would also help to know what the SQL statement being executed at the time is, but that's not the easiest thing in the world to determine. Depending on the version of PHP your server is using, there are a couple of ways to capture the SQL statement, so if you can tell me your server's PHP version, that will help, too. :)
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations

Postby maleeha » May 27th, 2012, 4:37 pm

apologies for such a late reply...actually net issues....

the server's php version is 5.3.8......
maleeha
Casual Member

Postby GeekCaveCreations » May 28th, 2012, 1:24 am

Ok, with PHP 5+, you can use the function file_put_contents() to save the query in a text file. That makes things a lot easier.

Here's what I'd like for you to do:

1.) Insert the following PHP code into the file C:\wamp\www\pgmO\install_programo.php:
Code: Select all

file_put_contents
('./sql_debug.txt', "SQL = $sql");

2.) Open that newly created file (C:\wamp\www\pgmO\sql_debug.txt), copy the contents, and paste them in your next reply. Then we can see what's going on.

WARNING! If the SQL statement that was saved to that file contains any username or password information, MAKE SURE to hide that part of the data (or simply remove the username and/or password) prior to posting the text. Let's not create any security issues if we don't have to. :)

Regarding your earlier question about a possible faulty hard drive, I don't think this is the case. If it were a faulty drive, you would have other, far more serious issues than just Program O giving you fits.
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations

Postby maleeha » May 28th, 2012, 5:44 pm

where i have to put this code???
I have put that code before the closing of body tag at the end of the file......but no file is created
maleeha
Casual Member

Return to Bugs and Help