UFT8 and lang chars

Help and bugs.

UFT8 and lang chars

Postby roltel » June 19th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Hello again.

I was able to upload my aiml files a last. And my bot is running ok, i guess.

We use Portuguese character because our bot will be for Portuguese speakers. I have no problem in uploading our aiml files. Nether less when i go to the mysql aiml table, pt-PT chars apear messed up. I change them in the database manualy and i get everything the correct in and out from the bot using: "olá" - "como está você?".

I thought, i could change the messed chars using phpmyadmin, 10.000 lines...

But first i tested downloading that aiml file, and reuploading it. I realized the chars went messed up again.

What can be advised me to do?
roltel
Casual Member

Re: UFT8 and lang chars

Postby GeekCaveCreations » June 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm

I've been looking into this problem for a while now (since version 1, in fact), and have yet to come up with a solution. The 'special characters' you've shown in your example (lower case 'a' with an accent, and lower case 'e' with a circumflex) should not be a problem, since they're both within the UTF-8 and Latin-1 character sets (Program O uses UTF-8 for it's character encoding), and I've no idea why it's giving grief. I used to think that it was a problem with what are called multibyte characters, but none of the letters in your examples are multibyte, so I'm not sure what's happening.

If you can do me a favor, and post a few sample AIML categories here that are giving you problems, I'll build a special testing AIML file, and use it to see what can be done. Maybe I can use them to trace what's breaking, and can go from there.
Comforting the disturbed, and disturbing the comfortable
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961

Postby roltel » June 20th, 2012, 4:02 am

Thanks a lot for reply, really apreciate it.

Here is some categories you can try and test:

<category><pattern>* QUE * PLANTA</pattern><template>E um organismo vivo pertencente ao ramo vegetal. É e um ser vivo que depende de agua e luz e um bom solo para viver.</template>
<category><pattern>QUAIS SÃO AS LEIS DA TERMODINÂMICA</pattern><template>Não sou físico mas acho que tem a ver com calor, entropia e conservação de energia certo?</template></category>
<category><pattern>O QUE CAUSA UM TUMOR</pattern><template>Câncro.</template></category>
<category><pattern>* É COMPRIMENTO DE ONDA</pattern><template>Comprimento de onda é a relação inversa de frequência.</template></category>
<category><pattern>* É * TERMODINÂMICA</pattern><template>É o ramo da física que se debruça sobre a transformação do calor de e para outras forma de energia e a leis que regulam essas conversões de energia.</template>

Thanks in advance
roltel
Casual Member

Postby programo » June 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

thank you for the test aiml that will definitely help
:D
programo
Site Admin

Postby roltel » August 25th, 2012, 10:00 am

I spent hours and ours trying to figure this out. Im not a programer but i have some light in php.

Could you give me a hand in trying to figure this out?

For now the most important would be to import correctly those special char. I trying changing mysql encoding on tables and database, but nothing hapenned.

I tracked php codes to face that problem and i came out with something like: $str = str_replace(chr(130), ',', $str); // baseline single quote

Can you try to do a patch with a replace charset or something? Or can you guide on how should i do it?

Thanks!

references for my study:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.chr.php
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=550665
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references
roltel
Casual Member

Postby programo » September 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm

I will be sure to look into this as soon as possible... hopefully over the weekend
programo
Site Admin

Postby roltel » September 12th, 2012, 3:38 am

Thanks a lot. If we get to fix and use our encodings we will start developing in php/mysql rather the java tools! :)

We would realy apreciate such a fix. Thanks in advance!
roltel
Casual Member

Postby roltel » November 8th, 2013, 2:04 am

Was unable to do any relevant change. But now, i reinstalled latest version and finaly i got my special language chars working.

Portuguese aiml tested with sucess. Good work.
roltel
Casual Member

Return to Bugs and Help