Page 1 of 1

"Save state" issues

PostPosted: March 20th, 2015, 11:21 pm
by Alekz
I set the "save state" to :database" in both the GUI and config file, but the users are still not recognized. I checked the database - the IP-address and the browser info are correctly saved there along with the SessionID. Is it possible, that Program O still checks for the corresponding SessionID, which is different every time, instead of comparing the IP-address and the browser ID? Or it's all about the cookies?

Re: "Save state" issues

PostPosted: March 21st, 2015, 1:26 am
by GeekCaveCreations
Well, to be quite honest, that particular setting was put in at the beginning of version 2 as an "experimental" feature, but it never really worked, so the code to handle save states was reverted to just using sessions. At the time that we reverted the functionality, it was thought that removing the option was best left till the next update, but it seems to have "slipped through the cracks". I'll put it on the ToDo list to remove the option from the install and bot select/edit scripts, but since removing the option completely will require refactoring the database as well, I probably won't take it out for now.

Re: "Save state" issues

PostPosted: March 21st, 2015, 2:49 am
by Alekz
Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification!