Use web service with program-o

Use web service with program-o

Postby Nouniz57 » March 10th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Hi,

is it possible to use a web service with program-o ? I want to search astrological sign to have daily horoscope.

Example : A user gives his astrological sign to my bot and the bot fetches the horoscope with a web service and tells him its day horoscope

sorry for my bad english,
Nouniz
Nouniz57
Casual Member

Re: Use web service with program-o

Postby GeekCaveCreations » April 6th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Hi and welcome, Nouniz! Sorry for the long delay in responding. Sometimes the forum software fails to notify me of new topics and posts, so your post went undetected for far too long.

It's not currently to connect Program O to a web service directly. That said, however, it's very possible to write a plugin for Program O to do what you need. I'm in England right now, so I don't have all of my usual resources available to me, but I'll be back home on the 10th of April, and can further assist you then.
Comforting the disturbed, and disturbing the comfortable
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961

Postby Nouniz57 » April 26th, 2014, 10:57 am

Hi,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the long delay in responding. Was this plugin already made by anybody ?
Nouniz57
Casual Member

Postby GeekCaveCreations » April 26th, 2014, 1:15 pm

No, I'm afraid not, and my current workload doesn't allow me enough time to do so myself. We're also at the point in the development cycle for Program O that we've "frozen" version 2 in order to be able to concentrate on developing version 3. What this means is that most of the current bugs and all feature requests have been put on hold until we release version 3. That said, however, we'll gladly review and potentially accept contributions from others, so if you (or someone you know) want to create a plugin for this, you're more than welcome to do so. :)
Comforting the disturbed, and disturbing the comfortable
Chat with Morti
GeekCaveCreations
Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961

Return to Bugs and Help